Our School Aims
By working collaboratively with parents, carers, young people and other professionals we aim to:
- Facilitate a safe and secure learning environment, working with a range of professionals to support students academically, socially and emotionally by meeting them at their point of learning.
- Deliver our vision with a curriculum that builds on strengths/areas of interest and develops skills through exciting, challenging and meaningful learning experiences.
- Equip our students with the skills to communicate effectively with those around them.
- Personalise learning programmes and develop social and emotional skills, thereby improving well-being through a variety of learning experiences, enabling students to achieve academically, build positive relationships and grow in self-esteem.
- Provide our students learning opportunities which prepare them for a happy and meaningful life beyond school.
- Remove/reduce barriers to learning.
- Provide young people with access to quality education and pastoral care which will enhance personal development, stimulate growth and provide equal opportunity.
- Develop independence and awareness of Fundamental British Values and consideration for the feelings and the needs of others in the school and within the community at large.
- Support young people to positively manage their own thoughts and feelings and enable them to self-regulate their behaviour.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that meets each young person’s needs, meet statutory requirements and for those students with Special Educational needs, their Education and Health and Care Plan outcomes.
- Support students’ transitions to further education or employment when appropriate.